Sunday, April 25, 2010

Legal update

For those of you who saw my post with my juror questionnaire, I did receive a follow up letter. Bum, bum, bum, bum (music in background) I was summoned to serve in a district court in downtown Chicago for a six week trial! You read that right folks-six weeks! Can you imagine leaving my little angels at 6:30 in the morning and getting home just in time to tuck them in bed for a month and a half? Not to mention leaving them with whatever poor neighbor I could spring them on one day at a time? Mom graciously flew out to my assistance on a one-way flight not knowing if I would be able to plead my own case to be dismissed from service. Heaven hears prayers: four days before I was to appear for the first day of the trial I was informed that the judge and trial lawyers granted my request to be dismissed due to unnecessary hardships that the duration would have on my family! Hallelujah (angelic choirs in unison)!!!! Dad came out too, but just stayed a few days. Mom spent a week of fun with us, which was better than a long nanny service. Thanks for always being willing to help!

1 comment:

Tami and Aaron said...

I'm so glad you didn't have to go to jury duty, that would have been awful!!! Your family looks great and it looks like you're loving life. It was nice to talk to you a few weeks back, still no word on Turkey but any day now. I'll try to do better at keeping in touch!